This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Installation Issue (2.1.4 Compiled)

Jun 2, 2016 at 8:49 AM
I am having an issue running/installing the compiled application. I have it hosted on my discountasp.net account in a subdirectory. the directory is set up as a web application.

I have created tables /objects by running the scripts on my sql server 2008 db and configured the web.config with the appropriate connection string. when i try to run the application i get a "HTTP Error 403.14 - Forbidden
The Web server is configured to not list the contents of this directory" error.

I have configured index.aspx & default.aspx as the default document(s) for the website. I do not have a global.asax file.

any ideas where this gremlin may be?
Jun 2, 2016 at 9:13 AM
Quite often, this is the result of there not being a default document defined in IIS for the site, but there are a lot of other potential causes; the application pool user might not have permission to access the files on the drive, etc. Also could be a mis-configured application pool, or an app pool that isn't set for the .NET 4.0 framework.

It isn't an issue specific to ticketdesk though, it is more a general IIS issue. You should be able to google around for that error and find lots of info; look for the one that most closely matches your specific environment's configuration.