This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

error on \tickets page

Dec 4, 2015 at 10:37 AM
hiI fannally got some time left to continue figuring out the ticket desk program, but when i opened the site and wanted to go to the \tickets page, I got this error thrown at me:
An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
TicketDesk.Web.Client.Models.<ListTicketsAsync>d__13.MoveNext() +89
System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) +144
System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) +84
System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter1.GetResult() +49
TicketDesk.Web.Client.Models.<GetViewModelAsync>d__1.MoveNext() +1280
System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) +84
TicketDesk.Web.Client.Controllers.<Index>d__6.MoveNext() +485
System.Web.Mvc.Async.TaskAsyncActionDescriptor.EndExecute(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +143
System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass37.<BeginInvokeAsynchronousActionMethod>b__36(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +23
System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncInvocationWithFilters.<InvokeActionMethodFilterAsynchronouslyRecursive>b__3d() +112
System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass46.<InvokeActionMethodFilterAsynchronouslyRecursive>b__3f() +452
System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass33.<BeginInvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__32(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +15
System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass2b.<BeginInvokeAction>b__1c() +37
System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass21.<BeginInvokeAction>b__1e(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +241
System.Web.Mvc.Controller.<BeginExecuteCore>b__1d(IAsyncResult asyncResult, ExecuteCoreState innerState) +29
System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncVoid
1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +111
System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecuteCore(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +74
System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncVoid1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +19
System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.<BeginProcessRequest>b__5(IAsyncResult asyncResult, ProcessRequestState innerState) +51
System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncVoid
1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +111
System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.OnAsyncHandlerCompletion(IAsyncResult ar) +282

I can still create tickets and so, just can't see the ticketcentre...
any idea what might be wrong?
Coordinator
Dec 4, 2015 at 11:57 PM
This particular stack trace isn't as helpful as some. It looks like this happening in the part of the code where the controller is trying to build up the view model --likely things that can cause issues there would be some form of data corruption; probably in the user settings. Can you create or login with a different user account and see if the problem happens there as well?
Dec 7, 2015 at 1:17 PM
Hi StephenRedd,

it only seems to be with this partcular (admin) user.
could this be set straight, or do I need to give up this user and make a new one?
Coordinator
Dec 7, 2015 at 2:35 PM
You can delete this user from the DB manually, or delete the whole DB and let ticketdesk make you a new one. The problem is likely something about the user's settings, but I don't know what... nor how it would have gotten corrupted... which is a bit concerning.
Dec 7, 2015 at 2:40 PM
if it might help, I can get you a backup of the DB, or any other kind of logging af available...
Coordinator
Dec 8, 2015 at 4:27 AM
If you could toss a backup of the DB on a cloud file service, I'd be more than happy to take a look. If I can figure out what data is corrupt, maybe I can audit the code to see if I can figure out how it got that way in the first place.
Coordinator
Dec 11, 2015 at 12:49 AM
Peter, codeplex is reporting that my private messages to you are not being delivered. Can you contact me directly at redds@reddnet.net, and I'll resend. Thanks!