This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

internet explorer vs chrome view

Nov 18, 2015 at 10:46 AM
HI when i go to the ticketdesk in internetexplorer, i get missing images of buttons and text missing in some buttons.
when i use chrome, everything seems ok...

click here for screenshot

probably something silly, but can't put my finger on it..;
Coordinator
Nov 18, 2015 at 2:43 PM
Are there any javascript errors in the developer console on your client? Also, do you get the same results when you visit the demo site at https://ticketdesk2.azurewebsites.net/

This isn't an issue on the versions of IE I've tested with, but the behavior seems odd. In your screen shot for example, the menus are collapsed as if the display were small, but from the look of it, that window shouldn't be displaying in collapsed mode at all.... not that collapsed mode should have image issues either; but still. Could be a missing file or javascript error?
Nov 18, 2015 at 2:47 PM
when i visit the demo site, i get this message, while in Chrome it works...

Server Error in '/' Application.

UserId not found.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: UserId not found.

Source Error:
The source code that generated this unhandled exception can only be shown when compiled in debug mode. To enable this, please follow one of the below steps, then request the URL:
  1. Add a "Debug=true" directive at the top of the file that generated the error. Example:
<%@ Page Language="C#" Debug="true" %>

or:

2) Add the following section to the configuration file of your application:

<configuration>
<system.web>
    <compilation debug="true"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Note that this second technique will cause all files within a given application to be compiled in debug mode. The first technique will cause only that particular file to be compiled in debug mode.

Important: Running applications in debug mode does incur a memory/performance overhead. You should make sure that an application has debugging disabled before deploying into production scenario.

Stack Trace:

[InvalidOperationException: UserId not found.]
Microsoft.AspNet.Identity.<IsInRoleAsync>d__b2.MoveNext() +627
System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) +99
System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) +58
Microsoft.AspNet.Identity.AsyncHelper.RunSync(Func1 func) +174
Microsoft.AspNet.Identity.UserManagerExtensions.IsInRole(UserManager
2 manager, TKey userId, String role) +114
TicketDesk.Web.Identity.TicketDeskUserManager.IsTdHelpDeskUser(String userId) +16
TicketDesk.Domain.TdDomainSecurityProviderBase.get_IsTdHelpDeskUser() +40
TicketDesk.Domain.<GetSettingsForUserAsync>d__6.MoveNext() +309
System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) +58
TicketDesk.Domain.Model.<GetUserSelectedProjectIdAsync>d__0.MoveNext() +218
TicketDesk.Domain.AsyncHelper.RunSync(Func1 func) +81
TicketDesk.Web.Client.Controllers.NavigationController.ProjectMenu() +245
lambda_method(Closure , ControllerBase , Object[] ) +62
System.Web.Mvc.ActionMethodDispatcher.Execute(ControllerBase controller, Object[] parameters) +14
System.Web.Mvc.ReflectedActionDescriptor.Execute(ControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary
2 parameters) +157
System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethod(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary2 parameters) +27
System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.<BeginInvokeSynchronousActionMethod>b__39(IAsyncResult asyncResult, ActionInvocation innerInvokeState) +22
System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncResult
2.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +29
System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncResultBase1.End() +49
System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.EndInvokeActionMethod(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +49
System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncInvocationWithFilters.<InvokeActionMethodFilterAsynchronouslyRecursive>b__3d() +50
System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass46.<InvokeActionMethodFilterAsynchronouslyRecursive>b__3f() +225
System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass46.<InvokeActionMethodFilterAsynchronouslyRecursive>b__3f() +225
System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass33.<BeginInvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__32(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +10
1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +10
System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.EndInvokeActionMethodWithFilters(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +49
System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass2b.<BeginInvokeAction>b__1c() +26
System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass21.<BeginInvokeAction>b__1e(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +100
System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.EndInvokeAction(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +44
System.Web.Mvc.Controller.<BeginExecuteCore>b__1d(IAsyncResult asyncResult, ExecuteCoreState innerState) +13
System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncVoid
1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +29
System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecuteCore(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +38
System.Web.Mvc.Controller.<BeginExecute>b__15(IAsyncResult asyncResult, Controller controller) +12
1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +22
System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecute(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +28
System.Web.Mvc.Controller.System.Web.Mvc.Async.IAsyncController.EndExecute(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +10
System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.<BeginProcessRequest>b__5(IAsyncResult asyncResult, ProcessRequestState innerState) +21
1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +29
System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +28
System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.System.Web.IHttpAsyncHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult result) +9
System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClassa.<EndProcessRequest>b__9() +22
System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClass4.<Wrap>b__3() +10
System.Web.Mvc.ServerExecuteHttpHandlerWrapper.Wrap(Func
1 func) +27
System.Web.Mvc.ServerExecuteHttpHandlerWrapper.Wrap(Action action) +64
System.Web.Mvc.ServerExecuteHttpHandlerAsyncWrapper.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult result) +71
System.Web.HttpServerUtility.ExecuteInternal(IHttpHandler handler, TextWriter writer, Boolean preserveForm, Boolean setPreviousPage, VirtualPath path, VirtualPath filePath, String physPath, Exception error, String queryStringOverride) +1438

[HttpException (0x80004005): Error executing child request for handler 'System.Web.Mvc.HttpHandlerUtil+ServerExecuteHttpHandlerAsyncWrapper'.]
System.Web.HttpServerUtility.ExecuteInternal(IHttpHandler handler, TextWriter writer, Boolean preserveForm, Boolean setPreviousPage, VirtualPath path, VirtualPath filePath, String physPath, Exception error, String queryStringOverride) +4422917
System.Web.HttpServerUtility.Execute(IHttpHandler handler, TextWriter writer, Boolean preserveForm, Boolean setPreviousPage) +77
System.Web.HttpServerUtility.Execute(IHttpHandler handler, TextWriter writer, Boolean preserveForm) +29
System.Web.HttpServerUtilityWrapper.Execute(IHttpHandler handler, TextWriter writer, Boolean preserveForm) +24
System.Web.Mvc.Html.ChildActionExtensions.ActionHelper(HtmlHelper htmlHelper, String actionName, String controllerName, RouteValueDictionary routeValues, TextWriter textWriter) +463
System.Web.Mvc.Html.ChildActionExtensions.RenderAction(HtmlHelper htmlHelper, String actionName, String controllerName) +35
ASP._Page_Views_Shared__Layout_cshtml.Execute() +11840
System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy() +197
System.Web.Mvc.WebViewPage.ExecutePageHierarchy() +105
System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy(WebPageContext pageContext, TextWriter writer, WebPageRenderingBase startPage) +90
System.Web.WebPages.<>c__DisplayClass3.<RenderPageCore>b__2(TextWriter writer) +232
System.Web.WebPages.HelperResult.WriteTo(TextWriter writer) +10
System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.Write(HelperResult result) +80
System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.RenderSurrounding(String partialViewName, Action1 body) +63
System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.PopContext() +237
System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy(WebPageContext pageContext, TextWriter writer, WebPageRenderingBase startPage) +98
System.Web.Mvc.RazorView.RenderView(ViewContext viewContext, TextWriter writer, Object instance) +256
System.Web.Mvc.BuildManagerCompiledView.Render(ViewContext viewContext, TextWriter writer) +107
System.Web.Mvc.ViewResultBase.ExecuteResult(ControllerContext context) +292
System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResult(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionResult actionResult) +13
System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilterRecursive(IList
1 filters, Int32 filterIndex, ResultExecutingContext preContext, ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionResult actionResult) +56
System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilterRecursive(IList1 filters, Int32 filterIndex, ResultExecutingContext preContext, ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionResult actionResult) +420
System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilterRecursive(IList
1 filters, Int32 filterIndex, ResultExecutingContext preContext, ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionResult actionResult) +420
System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultWithFilters(ControllerContext controllerContext, IList1 filters, ActionResult actionResult) +52
System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass2b.<BeginInvokeAction>b__1c() +173
System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass21.<BeginInvokeAction>b__1e(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +100
System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncResultBase`1.End() +49
Coordinator
Nov 18, 2015 at 2:54 PM
Clear your cookies. TicketDesk demo resets periodically, and the user you were logged in with doesn't exist anymore. I'll see if I can reproduce this locally and fix it so this doesn't continue to be a problem.
Nov 18, 2015 at 3:04 PM
ok, clearing the cookis worked for the demo site.
but here (inhouse) on any internet explorer I have the same missing texts as in the picture.
I can't find any error in teh development addon in internetexplorer...
but probably i'm not looking in the right place.
could you point me in the right direction?
Coordinator
Nov 18, 2015 at 3:25 PM
Did you see the same missing images on the demo site?

Seems like an odd problem. If it were happening in chrome, I'd suspect server configuration. The only other thing I noticed in the screenshot though that your URL is unusual, just a machine name. Do you get similar results if you use the machine's fully qualified URL?
Nov 19, 2015 at 12:45 PM
demo site worked fine.
fqurl works alos fine.
so we'll work with that....
an other question,
is there a way an administrator can reset the pasword of a user?
Coordinator
Nov 19, 2015 at 2:50 PM
I'll see if I can figure out what's going on with the IE and non-standard urls, but it'll be a low priority issue.

Password reset and admin will be addressed with issue 59