This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

2.5 Configuration

Jul 8, 2015 at 9:08 AM
Edited Jul 8, 2015 at 9:12 AM
Hi,
great work and tnx for sharing.
I have the system up and running (with SQL 2012 named instance) but I didn't find any documentation on how to configure the system (mail, user,etc.etc.).
Is there a privileged account for configuration purpose? Or an hidden Web Page?
I have no idea on how to configure the whole system.
If I register a new user, the user cannot access the ticket system or create a new ticket...the system ask for a new registration. (the same for the online demo)
Regards.

Red.
Jul 8, 2015 at 1:18 PM
Heh, you didn't read the message that came up after you created/upgraded database in the first-run-setup. No worries, no one reads that so you are in good company.

Login as admin@example.com with password 123456

Once logged in, you will see a setting menu which will give you access to application and push notification settings.

I'll be modifying the setup to require the user to specify the default admin account. I should have done that before the beta-release, or left the info about the default accounts on the home-page message. See issue #82.

Sorry about that.
Jul 8, 2015 at 1:18 PM
I also updated the download/release notes, here and on github.
Sep 9, 2015 at 12:44 PM
Thank u so much...sorry, my fault.
Regards.

Red.
Oct 27, 2015 at 9:46 PM
Hi Red, how did you manage to restore the database as V11.0?
My SQL2012 express doesn't allow the . in V11.0

any hints?
Oct 28, 2015 at 3:04 PM
v11.0 is only valid for SQL Server LocalDB edition. Starting with SQL 2012 split express into two versions; regular and localdb edition. Developer tools usually use the localdb edition, which is how the project is configured out of the box. If you are going to connect to a regular SQL Express instance, you will need to change the connection string to one that works with fixed databases, not file based databases.

You can real all about how this in great detail on the GitHub wiki here. There you will find info on connection strings, the different versions of SQL server, etc.