This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Running into issue

Apr 20, 2015 at 8:04 PM
I am having some issues getting TicketDesk to run. I have installed MS SQL express 2014, created the database and ran the NewDatabaseScripts. I have installed IIS 8 and created an application pool, and pointed the web site to the location I copied the application files. I modified the web.config file to point to my SQL server: SQLServer\Instance. When I run the application from IIS, I get HTTP Error 500.10 internal server error: Config Error
This configuration section cannot be used at this path. This happens when the section is locked at a parent level. Locking is either by default (overrideModeDefault="Deny"), or set explicitly by a location tag with overrideMode="Deny" or the legacy allowOverride="false".

There is no place in the web.config file that I see stating anything overridemode. I am not sure what I messed up but I am hoping you can help me.

Thanks.
Coordinator
Apr 20, 2015 at 8:41 PM
This generally happens when the IIS website or virtual directory is not configured as an application in IIS, so a parent folder above TicketDesk's location in the web site has a web.config. Honestly though, it sounds like you probably defined it correctly in IIS.

The other, and more likely, common cause for this kind of error is that IIS was installed without some of the key features that are needed to host asp.net applicaitons - In particular make sure that in the web server role installation you picked the asp.net application stuff under the Application Development node.

See this for more information:
Apr 20, 2015 at 8:56 PM
I did not have the asp.net application features selected. I am installing them now and will let you know if I can successfully run the program. Thank you!!
Apr 20, 2015 at 9:46 PM
I got past the first error but now i am getting an 'Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the loaderExceptions Property for more information'. I see another discussion with this same error so I am looking at that.
Coordinator
Apr 20, 2015 at 10:00 PM
Being a new install, it's probably that TCP/IP isn't enabled for the SQL Server. Open the SQL 2014 Configuration Manager and make sure TCP/IP is enabled undr SQL Server Network Configuration (and in the 32bit node too).
Apr 21, 2015 at 1:44 PM
Yep, It is enabled.