This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

page times out. Not taking multiple requests.

May 11, 2009 at 8:11 PM

If on a page. And I make a comment. during testing I open a ticket. Make a comment, take ownership make a comment.  The comment does NOT take after submitting.

I have to close the page and log back into the system.  Seems like a timeout issue. In my test environment I didnt mess with any timeout settings and left all the IIS settings set to default.

May 13, 2009 at 7:56 PM

Are you using Internet Explorer 8 by chance? 

Aug 29, 2009 at 12:32 PM

Has anyone found a fix for this, i have the issues as suggested by jpochedl only in IE8, i've tried forcing compatability mode but still have the same.

Coordinator
Aug 29, 2009 at 7:37 PM

I've heard similar reports from some of my own users on IE8, but the reports are not consistent. One of my help-desk staffers can reproduce this very reliably, but I have never been able to cause the problem on my own system. Other users report the same infrequently.  

There are also some problems with allowing users to paste HTML in ticket comments or details. Sometimes the contents of pasted HTML will breaks the page, horribly maim the layout, or cause the notifications to fail.

To address these kinds of issues, the current source has been modified to use the markitUp! editor that uses the popular markdown syntax instead of HTML. I'm currently testing this out, and you can download the latest source if you want to try it out yourself. If I get good results from the new editor with my IE8 users, I'll be packaging this up as a formal release (TicketDesk 1.2.3) later this week.