This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Date Format

Mar 8, 2009 at 1:15 AM
Hi Stephen

As a UK user, one of the first things noticed by my submitters was the date format displayed, which before an explanation from myself  was totally 'Alien' to them. This was easy enough to fix in the code ( (MM/dd/yy) to (dd/MM/yy))  but having doing myself this divorces  my current source from your ongoing updates. maybe it would be a better idea for your app to get the date format from System.Globalization.Cultureinfo...
thoughts?
Colin
Mar 8, 2009 at 9:42 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Mar 8, 2009 at 9:45 AM
I'll address that in 1.3.

If you are using incremental updates from source control between now and then you'll still need to merge the changes with your customizations. I recommend Beyond Compare. Fortunatly there aren't too many places where dates are formatted.  
Mar 9, 2009 at 11:34 PM
Thanks
Beyond compare 'Was' definitely the tool i've been looking for. I have used CompareIT for many years it but lacks dir comparison. Also very reasonably priced at $29.