This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

TicketDesk 3 Repository available on GitHub

Jul 29, 2013 at 9:06 AM
I have published the repository for TicketDesk 3 on GitHub

Please keep in mind that this is all in a pre-alpha state right now. Don't expect a full working end-to-end application yet.

There is no documentation for it yet. Basically though, as long as you have localdb installed or change the connection strings to point at an appropriate SQL server instance, then the application should auto-generate the TicketDesk 3 database when you first run it. It will automatically populate some very basic seed data that you can use to test the limited UI.

If you put a TicketDesk2 database in the app_data folder, or point the connection strings at a TicektDesk2 DB instance, the application should automatically upgrade that database on startup instead of generating a new one. The upgrade will still add the additional seed data into the upgraded database, but should not overwrite or delete any of your existing data. This upgrade migration has not been thoroughly tested yet though.

The UI is sparse, but there is a basic ticket edit page, and a basic ticket list page (which works for open tickets only).

Currently, I am wrapping up some basic plumbing using SignalR that allows real-time screen refreshes when changes happen on the server. If you open two browsers, and edit tickets in one, you should see the list or edit page change in the other browser automatically.

My next planned sprint is to add the plumbing necessary to support UI localization, though I will not be able to provide localized text myself (I only speak English and Gibberish, and I don't think anyone has requested Gibberish support yet).
Jul 31, 2013 at 10:44 PM
I have combined the codeplex and github repos. Going forward, source code for ticketdesk 1, 2, and 3 will be available and current on both sites.