This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Resolving and Closing Tickets

Jul 14, 2012 at 8:58 PM

Good job on the TicketDESK system! I've been using it for a couple days and it works great. It's easy to use and I haven't had any problems with it yet that weren't my own fault. 

Regarding resolving & closing tickets, I read what you wrote about the workflow for this process, and I understand the tech should resolve it and the submitter should close it. However, I'm in both roles but I can't see how to do either one those tasks. When I navigate to Ticket Center > Tickets Assigned to Me and click on a ticket, I have these options: Add Comment, Take Over, Assign, Attachments, Edit Details. I just can't figure out how to mark a ticket as resolved or closed. What am I missing?

Jul 14, 2012 at 9:50 PM

Update - I found that I have to "Take Over" the ticket to see the additional options for Resolving, etc, even if the ticket is already assigned to me. Perhaps that is the system's way of allowing me to accept the task? In any case, I've got it now!