This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Users able to see other user tickets

Aug 20, 2008 at 6:26 AM
I've been going through the source trying to figure out where to adjust this, but I'm having trouble wrapping my head around it.

In the 'All Open Tickets' & 'Ticket History' it would make more sense to force the 'Owned' dropdown to be disabled with only their username selected. As it stands now a user can browse any other user's tickets. Can you give me a hint on where to modify this at? I couldn't quite grasp what was going on with the 3.5 code as it's pretty new to me overall.

Also, I have completely re-skinned the application and would like to share it with you for a future release. It is a much more clean and modern look.

Thanks.
Dec 20, 2008 at 10:15 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Dec 20, 2008 at 10:26 PM
TicketDesk was designed to maximize transparency. The current version also assumes the app is used internally within an organization and that a certain level of "trust" exists between participants in the system.

The ability for submitters to "see" other user's tickets allows them to search for other tickets related to their problem. This way they may find answers to their issues in tickets that are already resolved/closed or another user may have reported the issue and they can just follow the progress of the other user's ticket rather than submit a duplicate issue.

That said though, there does seem to be a decent amount of interest in a less transparent setup. I imagine this would be useful in lower trust or public support roles (which ticketdesk is does not currently accomidate).

I've put in a work item to review this kind of functionality in TicketDesk 1.3.