This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Ticket Desk -Windows Azure Problem

Dec 7, 2009 at 10:14 AM

A lot of problems on  hosting  Help Desk in windows azure . please help me

Server Error in '/' Application.

Configuration Error

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: This configuration section cannot be used at this path.  This happens when the site administrator has locked access to this section using <location allowOverride="false"> from an inherited configuration file.

Source Error:

Line 85: 	</system.net>
Line 86: 	<system.web>
Line 87:         <trust level="Full"/>
Line 88:         <customErrors mode="Off"/>
Line 89: 		<urlMappings>

Source File: F:\\web.config    Line: 87

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.4200; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.4016 

<!-- [ConfigurationErrorsException]: This configuration section cannot be used at this path. This happens when the site administrator has locked access to this section using <location allowOverride="false"> from an inherited configuration file. (F:\\web.config line 87) at System.Configuration.ConfigurationSchemaErrors.ThrowIfErrors(Boolean ignoreLocal) at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ThrowIfInitErrors() at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.GetSectionRecursive(String configKey, Boolean getLkg, Boolean checkPermission, Boolean getRuntimeObject, Boolean requestIsHere, Object& result, Object& resultRuntimeObject) at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.GetSection(String configKey) at System.Web.Configuration.RuntimeConfig.GetSectionObject(String sectionName) at System.Web.Configuration.RuntimeConfig.GetSection(String sectionName, Type type, ResultsIndex index) at System.Web.Configuration.RuntimeConfig.get_CustomErrors() at System.Web.Configuration.CustomErrorsSection.GetSettings(HttpContext context, Boolean canThrow) at System.Web.HttpResponse.ReportRuntimeError(Exception e, Boolean canThrow, Boolean localExecute) at System.Web.HttpContext.ReportRuntimeErrorIfExists(RequestNotificationStatus& status) --><!-- This error page might contain sensitive information because ASP.NET is configured to show verbose error messages using <customErrors mode="Off"/>. Consider using <customErrors mode="On"/> or <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly"/> in production environments.-->
Dec 7, 2009 at 3:41 PM

TicketDesk 1.x was not designed to run in restricted trust environments nor with the Azure platform.

You can probably hack out the parts of TicketDesk that need full trust. From the little research I've done on TicketDesk at medium trust hosting providers, the security module is the main problem area. It checks what kind of authentication (forms or windows) is used, which is the main thing that breaks in restricted trust levels. If you are using the SQL security configuration, you can probably hack at the security module to limit it only to the stuff needed by SQL memberships. This may be enough to allow you to run it in restricted trust environments. I don't know for sure since I didn't build version 1x with hosting in mind.

I have no idea what other limits the Azure platform would impose on the application. Azure is still in beta, and I have not yet put much effort into it myself. I know from my limited research though that the Azure environment is somewhat restrictive and limited in many ways.

TicketDesk 2.x is being developed with medium trust in mind, but I have no plans currently to test it against Azure directly. If Azure is at or near a production release by the time I'm ready to push a TicketDesk 2.x release though I might give it a shot just to see.