This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Mail Error

Oct 22, 2009 at 11:46 AM

Dear users/creator,

Since october 5th, i've got this strange problem:

System.Net.Mail.SmtpFailedRecipientException: Mailbox unavailable. The server response was: 5.7.1 Unable to relay for xxxx@domain.nl

System.ApplicationException: Failure in Email Delivery Timer ---> System.Net.Mail.SmtpFailedRecipientException: Mailbox unavailable. The server response was: 5.7.1 Unable to relay for xxxx@domain.nl
   at System.Net.Mail.SmtpTransport.SendMail(MailAddress sender, MailAddressCollection recipients, String deliveryNotify, SmtpFailedRecipientException& exception)
   at System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient.Send(MailMessage message)
   at TicketDesk.Engine.NotificationService.DeliverTicketEventNotificationEmail(TicketDataDataContext ctx, TicketEventNotification note, List`1 consolidations) in C:\Projects\Personal\VS2008\TicketDesk\TicketDesk\Engine\NotificationService.cs:line 351
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
I've checked the mail, this is a correct one, i've checked the AD all users are in and the role's are right, i've checked the IIS6 Virtual SMTP Server!
Please, i need help AsAp!
Thnx in advance,
Greetings,
Jaive.
Coordinator
Oct 27, 2009 at 11:00 PM

This is a pretty standard email error, not specific to TicketDesk.

The email server that you have configured ticketdesk to use (via the web.config file's SMTP settings) is refusing to accept the emails. Typically there are a number of reasons, but usually it is because the email server is not setup to recognize the web server as a valid source for email delivery. How you solve this depends on what kind of email server you have. My suggestion would be to first check the settings in web.config and make sure they are appropriate for your environment, and if so then google for "The server response was: 5.7.1 Unable to relay for". There will be a bazillion posts on the topic so just find the one that fits your specific situation and environment.

Nov 24, 2009 at 12:25 PM

I have the exact same issues,  have been trying to get the email to work for over a week now.  I've checked all settings in web.config:

<system.net>
  <mailSettings>
   <smtp deliveryMethod="Network">
    <network host="mail.xxxxxxxxx.com" port="25" defaultCredentials="true" userName="xxxxxx" password="xxxxxxx" />
   </smtp>
  </mailSettings>
 </system.net>