This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Finish and Closing Tickets

May 12, 2015 at 9:24 AM
Hi,

I've downloaded TicketDesk, and played around with it, but I need to know. Where do you actually complete the ticket? And then where does the requester close it, because I can't find it
Coordinator
May 14, 2015 at 1:38 AM
The assigned user can resolve the ticket whenever they are ready. Presumably that would happen when the assigned user believes the work has been completed. The owner would then review the ticket. They can either accept that it has been completed by closing the ticket, or they can re-open the ticket for further work.

As an activity based system, the options presented by the UI will only include the sub-set of activities that are valid given the user's role, their relationship to the ticket, and that ticket's current state. If you are logged in as the assigned user, you will have the option to mark the ticket resolved. Also, the add comments activity will have a checkbox to allow you to mark a ticket resolved when you add a comment.

If you are not the assigned user for that ticket you will not have the resolve option, but you could take-over the ticket, which then gives you the resolve option. The whole process is carefully designed to make using the system intuitive, and to guide the ticket along a very simple workflow from active to resolved to closed.

When evaluating TicketDesk, it is a good idea to use several different user accounts so you can experiment with the available actions from a variety of points of view.
May 14, 2015 at 8:26 AM
Thanks, I logged in as the other user and found the other options.

I've downloaded the source code, but I have difficulty with it. It loads forever for some reason, and all the references in TicketDesk.Web.Client is not found. It hangs my IDE, and I'm not sure why.

When I excluded that project from the solution, it is fine, so what I'm doing at this stage is to create a new project in the solution and add the references that you use in that project to see where the problem is.

Thanks for you response.

Jaques
May 14, 2015 at 8:48 AM
It was MVC 5.2.3 that was missing. Updated it, and it is fine now. Thanks
Coordinator
May 14, 2015 at 12:26 PM
Do keep in mind that TD 2.5 is in active development right now, so things are changing on the dev branch fairly quickly --and sometimes the changes aren't subtle. I'm almost done with the last major piece of the architecture though, so it should start to stabilize over the next couple of weeks. TD 2.1 is the current shipping version, and should be very stable since no active development is being done there.