This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Is it possible to greate a ticket a guest?

May 7, 2015 at 1:48 PM
really need the ability to create queries for unregistered users.
Coordinator
May 7, 2015 at 2:56 PM
TicketDesk does not support anonymous ticket creation out of the box. Support for untrusted users is planned for a future release, but the focus for TD 2.1 and TD 2.5 is still high-trust and internal environments.

You could add that functionality of course. The easiest way to allow non-registered users to add tickets would be this:
  • Modify new ticket controller to allow anonymous access.
  • Modify the view to include fields for user registration (email, displayname, password, etc.).
  • When user submits the new ticket form, create the user, add the user to the submitters role, then create the ticket for the newly created user account.
It wouldn't exactly be anonymous users, because they would have a user account after submitting the first ticket, but it is the least invasive way to add that functionality.
May 15, 2015 at 8:15 AM
Thanks for the answer. I have a website in asp mvc 3 and simplemember ship. Can I integrate (split) my users in ticketdesk?
Coordinator
May 15, 2015 at 1:31 PM
TicketDesk up through version 2.1x uses the old SqlMembershipProviders. There have been community members who have done TD 2.1x conversions to SimpleMembership. It isn't exactly trivial but isn't too horribly complex. You can read all about it in this thread.

TicketDesk 2.5 uses the aspnet.identity framework by default. Replacing that with SimpleMembership may be a little easier in TD 2.5, since it decouples authentication and identity from the back-end framework entirely. I haven't fully completed the work of abstracting the identity bits in the front-end yet though. Currently I'm using bits from one of Microsoft's sample templates. In a few weeks, that will get replaced with a more customized version specific to TD 2.5's needs. In TD 2.6, the system will get further abstractions to support multiple identity providers.