This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Changing Skin for Ticket Desk

Jul 21, 2009 at 3:07 AM

I have downloaded the TicketDesk_1.2.2_Source files. Before deploying it to use, We want to change the skin of TicketDesk there are few skins available in the fckeditor/skins folder -

It would be great help if any one can guide me through these questions-

1. Can we change the skin for TicketDesk ?

2. If we can, how can that be done ? Does it involve manually changing skin variable at each place or can be done at one go on the server side?

Thank you -

Kunal

Jul 21, 2009 at 6:03 AM

TicketDesk really wasn't designed with much of a formal "skinning" concept in mind. It just isn't complicated enough to really need a fancy custom skinning architecture or anything. It uses the built-in asp.net concepts of themes and master pages instead. While not the best "skinning" technology on the planet, it is more than sufficient for the simple needs of TicektDesk. 

Changing the appearance of TicketDesk is mostly just a matter of editing the style sheet and replacing the images. You'll find that stuff under the /App_Themes folder. 

If you need a radical overhaul to the UI, then you can also modify the pages, master pages, and user controls as desired. There aren't very many UI files to the application and they aren't too terribly complex. With TicketDesk, I made sure to avoid doing anything too fancy that might limit the usefulness of the designers in Visual Studio and/or Visual Web Developer... so you should be able to use their WYSIWYG editors if you like without too much trouble.  

That skins stuff in the fckeditor folder is specific to just the rich text editor. If you just want to modify the behavior or appearance of the text editor itself you can read all about that in their documentation.

Jul 21, 2009 at 3:52 PM

I have completely re-skinned TicketDesk.  There are still a few CSS bugs to work out, but it's a complete overhaul.

If you would like the CSS/images I used for this I would be happy to send them over to you.