This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

TicketDesk 2.1 not working

Apr 14, 2015 at 8:57 AM
Hi
I have followed the "installation" instructions to a T, but still the app does not work. Error messages are as follows:
Server Error in'/' Application
HTTP Error 403.14 - Forbidden (The Web server is configured to not list the contents of this directory)
HTTP Error 404.8 - Not Found (The request filtering module is configured to deny a path in the URL that contains a hiddenSegment section)
HTTP Error 400.19 - Internal Server Error (The requested page cannot be accessed because the related configuration data for the page is invalid)
Then when I finally do get the website to display SOMETHING, it only displays localhost -/ and two directories, which I cannot access because I get one or all of the above error messages.

I have reached the end of my patience, so please please please help?
Apr 16, 2015 at 2:18 PM
These sound like IIS configuration issues. From these errors, out doesn't seem like the request is being sent to aspnet at all.

Check the basics, is IIS installed correctly? In windows features, were all the ASP.net related components added when IIS was installed? Is ticketdesk installed in a site or virtual directory that is marked as an application? Does it have a separate application pool, and I'd it configured right? Is the current version of the .Net framework installed?

Without knowing more about you server, it's hard to troubleshoot further. Ticketdesk doesn't have any unique requirements in IIS that aren't completely standard for ASP.net applications, so usually it just works.