This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

How can i edit About page i want to create my own about page can you please help

Aug 25, 2014 at 4:40 AM
How can i edit About page i want to create my own about page can you please help me because i want to create and edit the page about so you have to told me how to edit the about page please
Coordinator
Aug 25, 2014 at 1:39 PM
The about page is just a straight MVC view. You can edit the file to include content of your choice: TicketDesk.Web.Client\Views\Home\About.aspx
Aug 25, 2014 at 2:00 PM
When i open the About.aspx it is showing like this

"This is a marker file generated by the precompilation tool, and should not be deleted!"

i didn't understand what is it and how can i edit
Coordinator
Aug 25, 2014 at 3:10 PM
Ah, I see. You are using the pre-compiled version. The pre-compiled version is exactly that, pre-compiled. All the content is compiled into the assemblies with the code. The view files are only there so IIS doesn't freak out when a browser asks for a file that it doesn't know about.

If you want to customize it, download the source version from source control. You can then make any changes you need and deploy your custom version to the web server.

If you prefer, you can download the source code, then use the publish wizard to create a pre-compiled release with the "allow pre-compiled site to be updatable" flag set (it's in the publish wizard's advanced settings). That flag creates a pre-compiled version of the site, but will leave the content in the views intact... you can then edit any of the views directly on the server without having to re-compile and re-deploy.
Aug 25, 2014 at 3:15 PM
can you provide direct download link for the source control version to download because i couldn't see any source control version in the downloads tab please....................and thank you for your beautiful helping nature
Coordinator
Aug 25, 2014 at 4:11 PM
Yeah, go here and click the "download" link from the menu bar:

https://ticketdesk.codeplex.com/SourceControl/latest#README.md

Remember, when you unzip this on your machine, you only want the stuff in the folder called TicketDesk-2. The other folder are for other versions. TD1 is ancient, and TD3 is a very early alpha (and obsolete as well... I'm working on a new TD3 version, but it's not in source control yet).
Aug 26, 2014 at 7:49 AM

When i open the file of "TicketDesk 3.sln" with my Visual studio 2012 and i had already installed .NET 4.5 Version it showing the error of picture included .can you please tell me how to resolve this

Coordinator
Aug 26, 2014 at 1:06 PM
The picture doesn't appear to be included.