This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

I added chat functionality

Jul 12, 2013 at 6:19 AM
Hello Team,

I'm impressed by the work here and would love to be one of the team.

LiveChat Starter Kit (LCSK) is an ASP.NET 4 C# .NET SignalR application allowing you to offer Live Support to your site visitors.

I added this module to TicketDesk and its beautiful together. now when you come to submit a ticket you can chat with support team live. If you find the answer then no need to submit a ticket.
https://livechatstarterkit.codeplex.com/

Im working now on Knowledge base module where you can find answers to common questions.
or search the knowledge base for a specific topic.

Regards,
Hassan
Coordinator
Jul 15, 2013 at 9:29 PM
That sounds like an excellent addition. Would you be willing to fork the project and submit it as pull request?
Jul 15, 2013 at 10:21 PM
Yes sure, I don't know how!, I'm going to send my version to your email
Coordinator
Jul 16, 2013 at 3:55 AM
Edited Jul 16, 2013 at 3:55 AM
TicketDesk is a mercurial repository, so you'd start by forking the repo here on codeplex. Then you clone your fork to your local system using Hg (TortoiseHG). In your local clone, create a new branch, add your code, commit your new code, then push it back up to the codeplex fork. Once pushed back to codeplex, use the web site UI to create a pull request.

If you are new to Mercurial source control in general, I highly recommend going through the tutorials at http://hginit.com/ which give you a very detailed overview of how Hg works, and how to use the command line. TortoiseHG gives you a GUI on top of Hg, which can do almost everything the command line does, but you really need to have a basic grasp of what the command line does first.

I'll be honest, I don't even open a sample app I've downloaded until I've first added it to a local Hg repo (I use git sometimes too, though I prefer Hg for most projects due to its simplicity and ease of use). TicketDesk 3 will be a git repository when I'm in a position where I can publish the project for it.