This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Help Staff only see tickets they have created or been assigned?

Feb 4, 2012 at 4:25 AM

We have internal (IT crew) and external (vendors) that participate as Help Staff.

Can the system be configured so that an individual is limited to only see tickets that they have created or been assigned, hiding all others in that they have no participation?

Thanks

Coordinator
Feb 5, 2012 at 2:23 AM

Not with the current design.

TicketDesk is specifically designed for transparency and to encourage participation from all parties. It assumes an environment where all users are reasonably trustworthy adults... keep it simple and trust the people to do the right thing.  It does not group users into access groups, nor does it have elaborate permission systems or custom escalations or sign-off workflows etc.    

If you are in a multi-organizational environment or an environment with significant political, contractual, or security concerns where you just can't trust people to police themselves, then I strongly urge you to consider one of the many good commercial products (I often recommend HelpSpot).      

I do have some plans for a future version of TicketDesk that is designed with support for external submitters. This would come with limited visibility for those extneral submitter users. But I have no plans to get into multi-departmental or multi-organizational scenarios. The requirements of such systems are very different from those of high-trust internal help desks. I would not design one product that tries to fit both kinds of organization.