This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Help with Install

Mar 16, 2011 at 6:45 AM
Edited Mar 16, 2011 at 6:46 AM

Please forgive my ignorance, but I am having problems installing this.  I am using IIS7, and framework 4.0, VS2010

I copied the files to my web host, and when I try to run the application I get the following error (I also get the same error when running on my local machine from VS2010):

Exception Details: System.ComponentModel.Composition.CompositionException: The composition produced a single composition error. The root cause is provided below. Review the CompositionException.Errors property for more detailed information.

1) The specified named connection is either not found in the configuration, not intended to be used with the EntityClient provider, or not valid.

Resulting in: An exception occurred while trying to create an instance of type 'TicketDesk.Domain.Repositories.ApplicationSettingsRepository'.

Resulting in: Cannot activate part 'TicketDesk.Domain.Repositories.ApplicationSettingsRepository'.
Element: TicketDesk.Domain.Repositories.ApplicationSettingsRepository -->  TicketDesk.Domain.Repositories.ApplicationSettingsRepository -->  DirectoryCatalog (Path="C:\Users\David\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\WebSites\AWZS2\TicketDesk.Web.Client\bin")

Resulting in: Cannot get export 'TicketDesk.Domain.Repositories.ApplicationSettingsRepository (ContractName="TicketDesk.Domain.Repositories.IApplicationSettingsRepository")' from part 'TicketDesk.Domain.Repositories.ApplicationSettingsRepository'.
Element: TicketDesk.Domain.Repositories.ApplicationSettingsRepository (ContractName="TicketDesk.Domain.Repositories.IApplicationSettingsRepository") -->  TicketDesk.Domain.Repositories.ApplicationSettingsRepository -->  DirectoryCatalog (Path="C:\Users\David\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\WebSites\AWZS2\TicketDesk.Web.Client\bin")

Resulting in: Cannot set import 'TicketDesk.Domain.Services.ApplicationSettingsService..ctor (Parameter="settingsRepository", ContractName="TicketDesk.Domain.Repositories.IApplicationSettingsRepository")' on part 'TicketDesk.Domain.Services.ApplicationSettingsService'.
Element: TicketDesk.Domain.Services.ApplicationSettingsService..ctor (Parameter="settingsRepository", ContractName="TicketDesk.Domain.Repositories.IApplicationSettingsRepository") -->  TicketDesk.Domain.Services.ApplicationSettingsService -->  DirectoryCatalog (Path="C:\Users\David\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\WebSites\AWZS2\TicketDesk.Web.Client\bin")

Resulting in: Cannot get export 'TicketDesk.Domain.Services.ApplicationSettingsService (ContractName="TicketDesk.Domain.Services.IApplicationSettingsService")' from part 'TicketDesk.Domain.Services.ApplicationSettingsService'.
Element: TicketDesk.Domain.Services.ApplicationSettingsService (ContractName="TicketDesk.Domain.Services.IApplicationSettingsService") -->  TicketDesk.Domain.Services.ApplicationSettingsService -->  DirectoryCatalog (Path="C:\Users\David\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\WebSites\AWZS2\TicketDesk.Web.Client\bin")

Mar 16, 2011 at 6:53 AM

It looks like a pretty standard problem with the security provider's connection string. Check your connection string in web.config and make sure it is valid for your environment. If you are publishing to a hosting provider, you probably at least need to specify SQL authentication credentials and possibly also a specific server name, ip, and potentially even a custom port.

The stock ticketdesk configuration assumes a local SQL express instance using  windows security (trusted connection), but very few hosting providers make things quite that simple for you.  

Mar 16, 2011 at 7:03 AM

Thanks for the quick response. 

I had read in the documentation that all three connection strings could use the same database, so I was using a SQLclient connection string for the 'TicketDeskEntities' connection string.  But that needs an entityclient connection string.

So I got it to load.

Here is what I used in case somebody else ever has this problem:

<

add name="TicketDeskEntities" connectionString="metadata=res://*/Models.TicketDeskEntities.csdl|res://*/Models.TicketDeskEntities.ssdl|res://*/Models.TicketDeskEntities.msl;provider=System.Data.SqlClient;provider connection string=&quot;Server=xxx.xxxx.xxxxx;Database=xxxx;User ID=xxxxx;Password=xxxxxx&quot;" providerName="System.Data.EntityClient" />