This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Possible missing Dll's with current deployment.

Feb 7, 2011 at 6:46 PM

 Stephen. I saw you bosted a new beta which seems Pre-Packaged or Deployable.

 I am currently working with it and found a few missing objects.

 ASP.net MVC 2.  Please read the following and see if this makes sense.

http://blog.thegabrielflores.com/2010/04/could-not-load-file-or-assembly.html

 

Feb 7, 2011 at 7:46 PM

 Confirmed.  Installed MVC2 and that issue went away. Now connection string issues with the metadata.

Coordinator
Feb 8, 2011 at 1:25 AM

The distribution is for .NET 4.0 environments, which should include the MVC 2 bits in the GAC already. 

For the compiled distributions, I did not explicitly include the MVC assemblies in the local bin folder. When installing to a server with the full .NET 4.0 stack this is unnecessary. Copying in the MVC assemblies to the local bin folder would lock ticketdesk into the version of those assemblies available at the time I compiled it. If there are patches, or hot fixes applied to the server that update the MVC or other framework bits, then ticketdesk would not be able to use the updated GAC assemblies if it were locked into using a local bin assembly.  

 

Feb 8, 2011 at 1:52 AM

 Admittably. I know or knew nothing about MVC. I had to come home today to watch videos and read on asp.net to find out what it actually was.

either way. I did have a fresh install of .net 4.0 installed.  Had the errors. Installed MVC 2.0 and the errors went away. ??????  Not to say i dont have a whole other mess of errors realted to the new connecttion strings in play.

2nd connections string in web.config.  I dont have it in front of me.  has a new set of connections strings.  I am running a full SQL not MSDE so pointing this new string is showing to be a bit more complicated.  At first I saw &quot and thought it was an error the way the files copied and corrected the quotes. To find that was wrong. &quot belongs or can be used as a single quote.

If you have a working string laying around where this point to a full version of sql please pass it over so I can compare to what I have. 

Feb 8, 2011 at 1:54 AM

TicketDeskEntities is what i was reffering to.

I had to post and go look at the listed connection strings to remember the naming.

Either way.  Could you provide a sample to a database connection say....... 192.168.10.10 user id= test; pass=test

Feb 8, 2011 at 3:04 PM

My Current Errors......

1) Invalid object name 'dbo.Settings'.

Resulting in: An error occurred while executing the command definition. See the inner exception for details.

Resulting in: An exception occurred while trying to get the value of property 'TicketDesk.Web.Client.MefManager.LuceneDirectory'.

Resulting in: Cannot get export 'TicketDesk.Web.Client.MefManager.LuceneDirectory (ContractName="LuceneDirectory")' from part 'TicketDesk.Web.Client.MefManager'.
Element: TicketDesk.Web.Client.MefManager.LuceneDirectory (ContractName="LuceneDirectory") -->  TicketDesk.Web.Client.MefManager -->  DirectoryCatalog (Path="F:\Ticketdesk_2.0\bin")

Resulting in: Cannot set import 'TicketDesk.Domain.Services.TicketSearchService..ctor (Parameter="indexLocation", ContractName="LuceneDirectory")' on part 'TicketDesk.Domain.Services.TicketSearchService'.
Element: TicketDesk.Domain.Services.TicketSearchService..ctor (Parameter="indexLocation", ContractName="LuceneDirectory") -->  TicketDesk.Domain.Services.TicketSearchService -->  DirectoryCatalog (Path="F:\Ticketdesk_2.0\bin")

Resulting in: Cannot get export 'TicketDesk.Domain.Services.TicketSearchService (ContractName="TicketDesk.Domain.Services.TicketSearchService")' from part 'TicketDesk.Domain.Services.TicketSearchService'.
Element: TicketDesk.Domain.Services.TicketSearchService (ContractName="TicketDesk.Domain.Services.TicketSearchService") -->  TicketDesk.Domain.Services.TicketSearchService -->  DirectoryCatalog (Path="F:\Ticketdesk_2.0\bin")

Coordinator
Feb 8, 2011 at 4:56 PM

The connection strings aren't that tough usually:

Here is a SQL with SQL Login example:

<add name="TicketDeskSecurityConnectionString" connectionString="data source=server.domain.com;initial catalog=TicketDesk;uid=TdUser;pwd=!PasswordX;" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"/>    

<add name="TicketDeskEntities" connectionString="metadata=res://*/Models.TicketDeskEntities.csdl|res://*/Models.TicketDeskEntities.ssdl|res://*/Models.TicketDeskEntities.msl;provider=System.Data.SqlClient;provider connection string=&quot;data source=server.domain.com;initial catalog=TicketDesk;uid=TdUser;pwd=!PasswordX;&quot;" providerName="System.Data.EntityClient"/>    

<add name="ElmahLog" connectionString="data source=server.domain.com;initial catalog=TicketDesk;uid=TdUser;pwd=!PasswordX;" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"/>

In this example, all of the SQL stuff is being handled in a single DB.

The part in bold-red is the only part of the entities connection string that would change; and you'll note that it should be identical to a regular connection string.

The actual error you are seeing suggests that you haven't run the upgrade scripts against the database that ticketdesk is pointed at; or the database is missing some of the tables anyway (the settings table in particular).