This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Sep 15, 2010 at 4:23 PM

TicketDesk looks really good. I cant find any infomation on localisation.

is it easy to add additional cultures?, even japanese and chinese?

does the text editor support other character sets from other langauges

thanks in advance for any response

lex

Sep 15, 2010 at 9:05 PM

TicketDesk wasn't specially designed for localization. It is a small asp.net app, so the source could be modified for localization with only a little trouble. All of the database stuff uses nchar and nvarchar data types. You should be good there, but you might need to change the collation and sort orders at the DB level. I didn't leverage .NET resources for the text strings, so you'd need to hand-edit the text in the UI pages/controls. There are also some hard-coded text strings in the code that you'd need to translate. And you may have to do some localization work for the date fields too, depending on your locale. 

I don't see a problem with the text editors though. The current shipping version uses MarkItUp! which is a fairly basic editor. It should handle any input language with no trouble, but I haven't tried it myself to be sure though.   
Sep 16, 2010 at 8:49 AM

thanks for the fast response, the editor was my main worry, and anything else i might have missed, but the rest sounds easy.

thanks very much I think i will have a go at implementing more resources.

lex

Mar 30, 2011 at 8:36 AM
Edited Mar 30, 2011 at 8:37 AM

Thanks for your application it is really good and simple using

I want to change UI text and I did it for a few pages but not all UI

There is a dll name is TicketDesk.Web.Client. it is already compiled and I couldnt modify

this dll looks like UI Controllers provider example TicketCenterController for Ticket Center page

How can I do that, thanks

(I'm using TicketDesk v2.0 (MVC))

Mar 30, 2011 at 6:47 PM

gencebay, you will need to download the source code from the source control tab here on codeplex. This will give you all the source and VS 2010 project files and such so you can make changes to any of the code you need to. The copy that is available on the downloads tab is a ready-to-deploy pre-compiled version, it does not contain the source code.

The source is very stable at the moment, so I'd recommend taking one of the more recent versions (57573 for example).

Mar 30, 2011 at 9:06 PM

Thanks for your response and advices

I will try.