This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Can't log onto TicketDesk DB attached to SQL Server 2008

May 24, 2010 at 5:43 PM

Hi,

When I attach the included TicketDesk.MDF file in Sql management Studio 2008, it all seems to go fine. But then I cannot connect to that DB with fully qualified and permissioned accounts, either via windows (integrated) or SQL Sever authentication specified in the connection string. I've triple checked the settings and permissions and all seems to be in order. Any reason you know of why this can't be done, or anything I may have missed?

Thanks!

May 24, 2010 at 5:56 PM

Need some more specifics. What version of SQL 2008 (express, std?). With what are you having problems connecting? The web site, the management studio? What kind of error are you getting back?  

May 24, 2010 at 7:30 PM
Edited May 24, 2010 at 8:22 PM
Tried it in both SQL Server STD 2008 and Express 2008; and on different servers. Here's the asp.net error generated once 
I successfully logon and it tries to navigate to a page:
[SqlException (0x80131904): Cannot open database "TicketDesk" requested by the login. The login failed.
Login failed for user '<username>'.]
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) +4846887
   System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj) +194
Thanks for any suggestions!

May 24, 2010 at 11:36 PM

When you attached the database in SQL Management Studio , did you set the "attach as" property for the database to "TicketDesk"?  

By default, Studio would use a name that is the same as the file path... something like "c:\somefolder\TicketDesk.MDF".... 

May 25, 2010 at 10:04 PM

Thx! I'll check that