This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Resolved

May 17, 2010 at 12:44 PM

when an item is resolved it still shows as open.

Is this how it supposed to be?

Coordinator
May 17, 2010 at 12:56 PM

Yes... the ticket remains open until the submitter closes it. The workflow goes like this:

• Helpdesk does some magic. They resolve the ticket, telling the user what was done in the comments.
  • The submitter views the resolution. They can  agree that the issue is solved and close the ticket. If they disagree or the issue isn't fixed, they can re-open instead explaining why they don't think it is fixed in the comments. 

This process allows the submitter to "sign-off" on the resolution, and completes the cycle of ownership (they own the ticket from start to finish). 

The force close option allows help-desk to close tickets when your users are too lazy to do so, but you should try to encourage the submitters (through policy or threats of physical violence if necessary) to always review resolved tickets and close them out in a timely fashion. 

May 17, 2010 at 1:01 PM

LOL,

Brilliant, I must say the lack of documentation doesn't do this justice. Once you get to know it and around the install bugs it is the perfect ticket system. Nice and simple, easy to use. Is there a user guide anywhere and i am just being dense and missing?

Please keep up the great work as i kid you not i spent 5 hours on friday trialling others and found this one this morning asn it beat them hands down. the only thing they had was FAQs and to be honest thats not the point of a ticket system.

Look forward to 2.0 and let me know if you need help testing it.

Robs

Coordinator
May 17, 2010 at 11:16 PM

Thanks for the praise. Honestly, I'd hoped to have done such a bang-up job that it didn't need documentation. I almost got there :)

If you are interested though, I did write some about the philosophies behind the system on my own site... not what you'd call "user documentation", but it goes into detail about why things work the way they work. 

I'll make sure 2.0 gets decent docs though. 

May 18, 2010 at 7:13 AM

thanks, look forward to it. when is v 2 out as it were?

Coordinator
May 18, 2010 at 11:32 AM

Eventually.... I'm clearly going to miss my initial spring 2010 estimate by a pretty wide margin though. My paid projects have to come first, and one of those took some rather nasty scope changes recently.